Speech Language Pathologist & Assistive Technology Resource Teacher
Harrisonburg City Schools －
Assistive Technology Resource Teacher: 60%
*Adapts specialized assistive devices to individual student needs (e.g. adjusting equipment, keyboards, communication devices,
configuring software, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing the learning opportunities of special education students.
* Assesses as part of a team, students who may benefit from the use of assistive technology for the purpose of assisting in providing
accommodations that enhance their academic success.
* Attends professional development activities as determined by the School District for the purpose of conveying
and/or receiving information related to performing functions of their job.
• Diagnoses computer software for the purpose of identifying basic problems with assistive technology programs and devices. *Maintains documents, files and records (e.g. site license information, usage logs, inventory, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-todate
reference and audit trail.
* Maintains inventories of supplies and materials for the
purpose of ensuring items' availability to meet students needs.
* Prepares written materials (e.g. product evaluations, procedures, instructions, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting
activities, providing written reference, and assist with IEP goal creation.
* Provides technical assistance and training to school staff and students for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or
existing devices and collaborating with appropriate Instructional Technology and Assistive Technology staff.
* Researches assistive devices, computer hardware and software applications, vendors, consultants, etc. for the purpose of being
knowledgeable on trends and recommending acquisitions.
* Serves as a resource to students and staff for the purpose of providing the latest technology options, ensuring tasks are completed
and/or providing task analyses processes.
*Trains staff (e.g. teachers, paraprofessionals), students, and family on use of assistive devices (e.g. in-services, workshops,
individual sessions, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of new and/or existing devices.
*Coordinates multidisciplinary team to provide assistive technology services and support
Speech Language Pathologist: 40%
Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, as a school-based speech-language pathologist provides prevention, assessment, and remediation services for students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice, and fluency. These services are designed to help children meet their educational goals.
Speech Language Pathologist
Aug 2012－Aug 2013
Harrisonburg City Schools －
Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, as a school-based speech-language
pathologist provide prevention, assessment, and remediation services for students who exhibit
difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice, and fluency. These services are designed to
help children meet their educational goals.
Assistive Technology Coordinator
Aug 2001－Jun 2012
Augusta County Schools －
Responsible for coordinating Assistive Technology Services and activities for Augusta County Schools. This includes implementation of strategies, devices and software for “All” students with learning difficulties – IEP or 504.
*Current on State and Federal Mandates for Special Education Law and AT Consideration – Provide information to staff.
*Instruct IEP teams on Assistive Technology Consideration.
* Research current literature for best practices, trends in service delivery, curriculum development, etc.
*Establish relationships with vendors, teachers, parents
.*Maintain established relationship with Special Education and Technology
.*Develop and maintain policies of Assistive Technology System of Services for students with disabilities within ACPS
*Suggest/Request purchases along the continuum of devices;
*Enhance personal skills through attending workshops, research and learning new technologies.