Modesto City Schools －
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests to Kindergarten or elementary students with special needs.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, or teacher training workshops to maintain or improve professional competence.
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, or other professionals to develop individual education plans (IEPs).
- Confer with parents, guardians, teachers, counselors, or administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems. (IEP and SST)
- Control the inventory or distribution of classroom equipment, materials, or supplies.
- Develop individual educational plans (IEPs) designed to promote students' educational, physical, or social development.
- Develop or implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Instruct special needs students in academic subjects, using a variety of techniques, such as phonetics, multisensory learning, or repetition to reinforce learning and meet students' varying needs.
- Interpret the results of standardized tests to determine students' strengths and areas of need.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, or administrative regulations.
- Monitor teachers or teacher assistants to ensure adherence to special education program requirements.
- Prepare, administer, or grade tests or assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification or positive reinforcement.
Special Education Teacher ESY
Jun 2004－Jul 2010
Modesto City Schools ESY －
Worked for seven summers in the SDC PH/SH Pre-School ESY for Modesto City Schools.
*planned and prepared lessons
*planned activities that correlated to students' IEP goals
*set daily schedules
*monitored bus schedules
Sep 2000－Aug 2006
Modesto City Schools －
*Substituted for PK-6 traditional classrooms, Library, Resource, upper and lower elementary SDC, Kindergarten and PK autism classrooms
*Follow classroom teachers' plans regarding lessons and duties
*Enforce classroom rules
Caregiver for Elderly
Apr 1997－Jul 2001
Mary Emery －
- Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation or personal hygiene assistance.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes or dishes, or running errands.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists.
- Transport clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.
Apr 1990－Dec 1994
Kelly Assisted Living －
*Set schedules for caregivers
*Filled service requests for clients
*Updated caregiver and client files
*On-call phone work every other week 4p-8a M-Th and 4p F-8a M.
*Carried pager and took care of problems and emergencies
First Grade Teacher
Aug 1984－Jun 1989
Modesto Christian School －
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
Bachelor of Science
Early Childhood Education
Select your Degree
Cleared California Multiple Subject Credential
Stanislaus State University
Select your Degree
Mild/Moderate & Moderate Severe Education Specialist Teaching Credential
Stanislaus County Office of Education
Master of Arts