Brighman and Womens Hospital Kraft Blood Center －
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Enter patient, specimen, insurance, or billing information into computer.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Determine donor suitability, according to interview results, vital signs, and medical history.
- Transport specimens or fluid samples from collection sites to laboratories.
- Monitor blood or plasma donors during and after procedures to ensure health, safety, and comfort.
- Document route of specimens from collection to laboratory analysis and diagnosis.
- Explain fluid or tissue collection procedures to patients.
- Train other medical personnel in phlebotomy or laboratory techniques.
- Conduct hemoglobin tests to ensure donor iron levels are normal.
- Calibrate or maintain machines, such as those used for plasma collection.
- Serve refreshments to donors to ensure absorption of sugar into their systems.
Adhere to FDA guidelines and Donor Center SOP.
Blood Donor Specialist
Jan 2009－Apr 2013
WASHINGTON HOSPITAL CENTER －
Manage blood drive functions, adhering to all FDA guidelines and Med-Star/Washington Hospital Center Blood Donor services practices.
Senior Donor Specialist/Charge
Jul 2006－Nov 2009
BLOOD CENTER OF WISCONSIN - LaCrosse, WI
◆ Selected to lead the Mobile Blood Collection Team, charged with providing oversight to blood collection and addressing all questions from staff for accurate information dissemination to donors, as well as technical functions such as: reviewing the BDR's; completing documentation of the shipment log; and accounting for the batch, ensuring pack correct and that all numbers correspond to the number of collected units. ◆ Manage donor issues, such as questions, and post-draw reactions such as short-term anemia, etc. ◆ Adhere to the QSD's set by the Blood Center without deviation, and comply with all FDA guidelines. ◆ Assign QC of Machines to staff and review all records.
Senior Donor Specialist
Nov 2003－Oct 2006
◆ Accountable for managing all aspects associated with donation, including: site set-up; performing QC on all machines; obtaining/reviewing the current schedule and alerting staff with proper notification of any special draws or requests from the central office in Milwaukee. ◆ Interfaced with a diverse range of donors in a friendly, professional, courteous and timely manner. ◆ Performed venipuncture's according to QSD'S set by the Blood Center. ◆ Managed all donor reactions with proper protocol, in a calm, positive, and professional manner.
Apr 2003－Jun 2003
◆ Performed all lab draws in the hospital, including Peds, ICU, and the NICU. ◆ Responded to all codes and traumas, obtained blood cultures, adapted in rapidly unfolding critical situations, with a calm and professional attitude at all times.
Oct 2001－Apr 2003
Served as a Med Assistant in the Neurology Dept, accountable for preparing charts for 2 neurologists and obtaining records from outlying clinics. ◆ Obtained detailed patient history with concision, while rooming patients. ◆ Ordered supplies, and maintained exam room stock. ◆ Reported any adverse situations to the assigned RN, and assisted doctors without reach clinics. ◆ Maintained a current schedule and assisted up to 3 RNs with patient care.
Critical Care Technician
Oct 1994－Oct 2001
◆ Served as a Critical Care Tech for a 15 Bed Unit, accountable for a wide range of functions, including: EKG's, Phlebotomy, Ace Checks, maintaining equipment, and room set-up for open heart patients and traumas. ◆ Related patient information correctly and concisely to the RN. ◆ Provided supportive patient care under the direction of the RN, including: transferring patients, personal care, obtaining blood samples from arterial lines, and assisting with removal of tubes or placement. ◆ Managed time effectively, reflecting a demanding schedule of being the only tech present on a 12 hour shift.
Western Wisconsin Techinal Center
Apheresis Certification - LaCrosse, WI - Completed 20 successful Draws (including platelet Draws and 10 Dual Red Draws) and demonstrate an understanding of the following machines: Amincus Platelet Machine Haemonetics MCS 8150 Dual Red Machine Haemonetics LN9000 Platelet Machine Trima Accel Platelet Machine Trima Dual Red Collection CPR Certification, Western Wisconsin Techinal Center - LaCrosse, WI
Leadership Charge, Blood Center - Milwaukee, WI - Completed the course and successfully demonstrated knowledge of the role. Venipuncture/Phlebotomy Certification, On-site ICU - LaCrosse, WITHIN
Western Wisconsin Technical College
Electrocardiograms Certification, On-site ICU - LaCrosse, WI Surgical Tech Course, Western Wisconsin Technical College - LaCrosse, WI