Experienced and motivated networking professional with over 15 years in the information technology sector utilizing managerial, analytical and communicative skills to carry out innovative and effective solutions. Maintains a strong strategic perspective with the ability to balance short-term priorities against an organization's primary mission and long-term goals. A skilled communicator and a generous team player.
· In-depth knowledge of LAN, WAN, Cisco Products, Juniper Products, Ciena Products, and network devices · Solid knowledge of IP Networking, Routing Protocols, security and IP telephony
· Proficient in troubleshooting Data Center and LAN network problems · Solid knowledge of Layers 1, 2, 3 OSI Network Infrastructures
· Proficient in using various test equipment: spectrum analyzer, TDRs, light meters, and signal meters · In-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies, Ethernet, Lucent, and Nexus products
· Self-motivated, proactive, and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, mission-critical operations environment
· Uses software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems; conducts complex network monitoring equipment installation and maintenance activities; resolves complex trouble tickets. Familiar with Infernia, Ciena, Cisco, and Juniper network infrastructure and configuration procedures.
· Communicates orally and in writing with Department, other agency personnel, and vendors to obtain and disseminate information, resolve discrepancies, respond to customer concerns, maintain good working relationships in the course of assigned work, and to offer training to users on telecommunications equipment, etc.
· Installs, repairs, splices, tests, and terminates various forms of telecommunications and electrical wiring and cabling (e.g. copper, fiber, coax, etc.) to ensure proper impedance matching and connections between various pieces of electronic equipment.
· Proficient in troubleshooting various data and voice services: T1s, T3s, ATM, frame relay and DSO networks.
· Provided innovative solutions and technical data inputs to achieve high probability of proper and efficient performance of the network.
· Played key role in providing network engineering support performing the evaluation, integration, testing, configuration, implementation, monitoring, trouble-shooting, maintenance, and resolution of technical issues for the systems, devices, and products operating in a regional interactive head end environment.
· Performed system analysis, solved network problems or infrastructure issues, and managed performance and capacity issues.
· Worked with multiple vendors (Cisco, Motorola, Harmonic, Juniper, Big Band, Seachange, Scientifc Atlantic, Verizon,and T-Mobile) on large scale technical trails and network installations, infrastructures, patches, and upgrades.
· Performed preventative server and desktop maintenance. Deliver, set up, and assist in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software, and peripherals support and install local area network cabling systems and equipment like network interface cards, hubs, and switches.
· Facilitated effective and timely communication ensuring that the appropriate individuals were informed and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issues that affected the network and department.
This is a real resume for a Network Specialist Level 2 in Forestville, Maryland with experience working for such companies as Nucleus Tech Solutions Llc, Centurylink, Comcast Cable. This is one of the hundreds of Network Specialist Level 2 resumes available on our site for free. Use these resumes as templates to get help creating the best Network Specialist Level 2 resume.
Get all the help you need to create a professional resume in minutes. Includes thousands of pre-written examples for hundreds of jobs.create your resume