General Manager- Marketing
PT. THRIVENI INDONESIA –
1. Identifying coal mine to procure coal and to ensure supply on time with quality and quantity with competitive price, making bid and closing deal with mine owner, opening LC and making payment to supplier.
2. Identifying buyers for coal export and domestic coal sales in Indonesia and in Singapore and making offers, following up, negotiations, closing the deal, making coal sales contract with buyer as per management terms.
3. Coordination with customers and all Vendors for executing contracted sales by Mother Vessels and Barges.
4. Generation of documents required against Letter of Credit and Review of opened LC from customers as per contractual terms.
5. Followup for payment and confirmation of balance and to sort out all operational related issues.
6. Need to achieve sales target in International & Domestic market.
7. Invoice management and Utilization of credit facility of the bank at lower interest.
8. Delegating responsibilities to team members and reviewing periodically for better execution.
1. Achieved the sales target about 1. 5 M mt per annum commercial value at 35 M USD per annum
2. No payment dues from international & domestic customers.
3. Increased no of customers thus reduced dependency of one customer.
4. Negotiated very closely and made contract to achieve higher realization.
5. Took informed decision about market dynamics to plan strategies by consistent observation of coal market demand and supply.
Senior Officer - Cement Marketing
Grasim Industries Limited ( Cement Division) India –
1. Identifying potential dealers, Appointing, Developing andMaintaining Dealers network in South Tamilnadu.
2. Identifying potential Trade markets and developing marketingstrategies to optimally exploit them in order to get more realization than theNon Trade segments.
3. Developing exclusive dealers and encouraging them for brand penetrationand to maintain consistent sales.
4. Promoting & continuously strengthening dealers in thezone wherethe transportation cost is less from the factory.
5. Handling of stocks through Rail and Road economically andeffective utilization of warehouse stocks by FIFO method & by avoidingdamage bags. .
6. Generation of Market Intelligence report.
7. Adhering to the targets with regards to Sales volume andcollection. 8. Planning and implementing Sales Promotion activities likeEngineers Meet, Masons meet, wall painting etc.
* Identified the potential dealers and appointed them to increasethe sales and brand presence.
* Though the brand is new to the market, managed to increase the Marketshare significantly.
* Brought brand Birla Plus cement as market leader from its position offifthplace.
* Converted the strong OPC market to PPC brand in a short period.
*Developed about 20 Exclusive dealers for the organization. * Brought Birla Plus up as market leader in Trade segment from thefourth place.
* Converted from OPC to PPC brand which is more profit brand. * Brought Market outstanding to almost nil at all month ends and there has beenno bad debtssince July - 1996