Director of House Caucuses/Policy Liaison
NC General Assembly - Office of the Speaker –
- Developed and maintained partnerships which
impact statewide cultural and economic development.
- Acted as a conduit and clearing house to facilitate legislative initiatives through research and management of information and data.
leveraging access to a vast array of resources to assist in determining
the direction of legislation that impacts industry and economic
- Established ongoing dialog and collaboration with state and local agencies and non-governmental (NGOs) organizations.
and maintained partnerships which impact statewide cultural and
economic development, to bridge gaps and enhance cultural awareness,
while also identifying needs specific to various communities across the
- Facilitated the execution, development and implementation
of bi-partisan caucus initiatives to effect organizational structure
and joint collaboration.
- Identified and made recommendations for
Advisory Council appointments to each caucus; consisting of individuals
representing key industry, who serve as advocated to Caucuses.
- Provided oversight to eight caucuses for the purpose of enhancing the effectiveness of the legislative institution.
practical methods in strengthening and bridging relationships between
legislative and non-legislative entities, while identifying the needs of
communities across the state.
- Served as communications conduit
between House Leadership and interest group Caucuses to ensure accurate
dissemination of data on local, state and national issues.
for facilitating development and growth of caucuses, through
cultivation and promotion of responsible legislative efforts for the
benefit of North Carolina industry, further enhancing economic growth
and development statewide.
- Collaborated with
state/local/national agencies and non-governmental (NGOs) organizations
to nurture partnerships, which impact statewide economic and cultural development.
- Provided counsel into development to ensure the appropriate execution of meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaged in public speaking on behalf of House Leadership as delegated.
and facilitated presenters/experts on state and federal levels, while
developing a database of experts from related fields.
- Collaborated with Caucus leadership to develop and institute effective and responsible policy and relative initiatives.
- Organized and maintain a centralized clearing house for Caucus business and membership data.
- Tracked and monitored business and proposed legislation that impacts relevant areas of interests.
-Recorded, researched and collected data for historical reference.
as lead Event coordinator for legislative receptions which provided
both internal and external partners an opportunity to collaborate and
dialog regarding policy related matters.
- Developed, coordinated and implemented all
tasks relating to a specific project promoting related industries, including
scheduling, spatial planning and vendor negotiations.
logistical implementation for a seamless
project/event to responsibly promote caucus initiatives.