Mar 2005 －May 2011
Job description was as follows: 'Enters data into computer. Operates a personal computer or computer terminal. Verifies accuracy and completeness of information on paper or computer documents or records. Processes incoming forms, records, or other documents. Follows instructions to complete assignments. Corrects mistakes in written or computer documents or records. Works with others to complete a project.'
I retired from the government at age 62. I would have continued to work until older but the facility where I worked was shut down and changed to another use, so I was forced to retire at that age.
Aug 1978 －Jun 2005
East Haven, CT
I was very active in helping my husband in his sign business for many years. I did the bookkeeping, quarterly sales tax and SE taxes, picked up materials and helped with sign fabrication, banking, accounts payable and receivable, preparation for taxes of Sub-S Corp., and countless errands and odd jobs. We sold the business in 2005.
Order Processing clerk
Sep 1996 －Oct 2001
- Obtain customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and enter this information on order forms.
- Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Review orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forward incomplete orders for further processing.
- Collect payment for merchandise, record transactions, and send items such as checks or money orders for further processing.
Aug 1990 －Aug 1992
Bruce Oakley Trucking
I was licensed and operated a child daycare in my home while my daughter was preschool age. I cared for up to 8 infants and young children in my home 12 hours a day for one year, then did before and after school care for a year.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Sep 1984 －Sep 1985
Alta Equipment Group Inc.
Prepared invoices for entering into the computer, dividing by restaurant.
Entered invoices by batch. Verified accuracy.
The company was planning to move to Dallas, TX and asked me to move with them and be supervisor of the AP Dept. We decided not to relocate.
In preparation for their move I was asked to document the processes of all the accounting departments in order for them to train the new hires in Dallas. This entailed interviewing the supervisors of those departments and getting step by step instructions for each process that they did monthly in order to produce all the month-end P & L's, bank reconciliations, etc.
I was sent to Dallas with a co-worker in order to train the new people in the AP dept. out there.
Sep 1977 －Aug 1978
Wpp Plc Global
Not Specified, IL
Enter Data from documents into the computer.
- Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
- Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
They moved to Brunswick, GA in 1985.
Jul 1977 －Sep 1977
Because of the long commute by train each day I did not continue with this job.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
Computer Data Entry
Sep 1973 －Jun 1977
This is a non-profit mission organization which receives donations daily. I was responsible for coding and entering the donations into what was the forerunner of the modern computer. The data was stored on huge disks which spun in drawers.
All the donors names and addresses also were first added to the data base.
I worked as a programer for one year here as well. I learned the RPGII language.
They have relocated to Colorado Springs, CO.
Keypunch Operator/ Clerical
Jun 1971 －Aug 1973
I was a data entry clerk using the keypunch cards. I worked in the billing dept. and was responsible for entering and verifying invoices sent in from sales reps. I also was trained on several other clerical jobs within the billing dept. of the company. They are still in business in Cincinnati. OH.
May 1968 －Sep 1969
I worked here for two summers while in school during 1968 & 1969.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
Jun 1967 －Aug 1967
This was my first job after high school and started me on a job venue in computers and data entry the following years of my life thus far.
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media.
Select Your Degree: Bible and Christian Education
Prairie Bible Institute
This was a four-year school with a diploma that required much study and writing of papers and research. It was not an accredited school at the time but since then has become Prairie Bible College with accredited degrees. I would say that the amount of study and discipline acquired at this school was more intense than most regular colleges and universities.
High School Diploma: College Prep courses
Withrow High School
I graduated Cum Laude with a class standing of #25 out of over 800 in my class.