LA VALENCIA HOTEL －
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Make travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Carry out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Pick up and deliver items or run errands for guests.
- Provide directions to guests.
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities.
I MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE, POSSIBLE.
LAF CONSULTING －
Established a strong market presence, thereby reversing an underperforming marketing operation by using tactical planning, market research/analysis, and integrated marketing solutions in the healthcare, hospitality, and B2B sectors.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
Nov 2011－Jul 2013
Administrative Assistant to Chef Scotty Wagner
Jan 2010－Jan 2010
CHILECO CATERING/EDEN SAN DIEGO －
Assisted Chef Scotty on daily projects, administrative, increased sales and event planning for ChileCo Catering, assisted in the kitchen with food prep, food service as well as back of the house for catering events.
Director/Marketing & Public Relations
Jan 2009－Jan 2010
SOUTHEAST GEORGIA HEALTH SYSTEM －
Managed the $1.2M budget, and with developing, and implementing aggressive marketing programs, to promote the integrity of the healthcare system, including a 325 and 50 bed hospital, three urgent care clinics, two physician groups, and an assisted living facility. ◆ Worked with two marketing communications agencies and a reignited in-house marketing four-person team by raising morale and promoting work excellence. ◆ Planned and developed an interactive marketing campaign that encompassed the entire health system and individual service lines.
Jan 2003－Jan 2009
RED LIZARD CREATIVE －
Rebranded the agency to focus on the healthcare industry and operational reorganization. Managed an operating budget of $2M and agency billings of $6M, and a team of 15-20. Major clients included: BASF, Chemtura Corporation, Ralph Lauren, San Diego Chargers, Scripps Health, Mahindra USA, PGA Tour-Buick Invitational ◆ Doubled profit growth to $6M by introducing new business development, engaging new clients, and expanding the sales team's knowledge of integrated marketing; expanded the agency marketing base by leading the Client Service Department and account teams in new business development, and cultivating existing client relationships. Developed communication summaries and reconciled final budgets for clients with budgets ranging from $250K to $3M.
Marketing Communications Manager
Jan 2001－Jan 2003
SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL －
Launched a diverse marketing plan for the Breast Care Center, targeting young women aged 18-39, resulting in an 8% increase in patient volume. Supervised a marketing staff of five, and introduced new marketing strategies including external signage, business collateral, direct print, media marketing, and PR/fundraising efforts. Marketing budget: $750K ◆ Increased referral base by implementing a specific physician relations program; developed a strategic marketing plan and a campaign for a new imaging center. ◆ Introduced an internal "Brand Ambassador" program to strengthen and unify hospital employees; Forecasted market trends through extensive market segment research.
Jan 2001－Dec 2001
KNIVES AND SPOONS
Catering company with high-end clients. Created exquisite events including dinner parties and small weddings. Menu development, food creation and wine pairings. Managed relationships with all vendors, including rentals, floral and music.
Vice President, Business Manager, Senior Accounts Manager, Client Services
Jan 1987－Jan 2001
FRUEHLING COMMUNICATIONS －
, San Diego, CA, 1987 - 2001, Vice President, Business Manager, Senior Accounts Manager, Client Services
Master of Arts
(Credits), Marketing and Media Relations
San Diego State University
Master of Arts (Credits), Marketing and Media Relations, San Diego State University
Bachelor of Arts
University of California
Bachelor of Arts, English/Marketing, University of California, Davis