• Adapt to changes in priorities and meet critical deadlines • Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Adobe Photoshop Basic & Advanced • Budget Management
• C4IT Knowledge • Customer care techniques and processes
• Data Collection, Production Analysis & Dissemination • Defense Travel System
• JFTR, FTR & JTR • E-Travel Administration
• E-Travel Policy & Procedure • E-Travel Instructor
• E-Travel Approving & Reviewing Official • Forms Management
• Graphic design and web design software • HR Management
• Microsoft Office Professional (All applications, including SharePoint 2010) • Microsoft's SharePoint Designer.
• Multi-tasked • Organizational Management
• Personnel Management • Policy Management
• Project Management • Records Management
• Recruitment strategies • Research Methodology
• Sets priorities • Strategic Planning
• Strong customer service skills • Supports organizational strategies
• Web-Travel Preparation and Examination System (Web-TPAX) • Team player
• Training /Development • Travel Regulations
• Work Independently • Writing/Editing
• Oversaw The Defense Enrollment And Eligibility Reporting System (Deer)/Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS). Responsible for oversight and coordination of HSCs DEERS/RAPIDS site, analysis, and issuance of policies and procedures. Responsible for creating periodic reports using detailed statistical analysis regarding Common Access Card (CAC) activities data for submission to the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
• Provided advice to senior management and customer service staff on day-to-day use of the DEERS/RAPIDS system.
• Provided advice and assistance to management on DEERS/RAPIDS policies and procedures.
• Served as the resident expert on all matters related to military personnel programs, this includes Government Purchase Card Program, budget, assignments, promotions, separations, retirement services, replacements, awards and decorations.
• Facilitated requirements to make sure all retirement actions are accurate and completed in a prompt/ timely manner.
• Planned and assisted in administering the authority for processing Coast Guard Medals and Awards.
• Ensured policy guidance for receipt of awards by active and reserve Coast Guard members and other Service members assigned to duty within the Coast Guard is adhered to in accordance with the Coast Guard Medals and Awards Manual.
• Researched applicable laws, policies and Coast Guard precedents to recommend appropriate actions/solutions to the Headquarters Support Command (HSC) awards board.
• Coordinated HSC's awards board process for review and approval, ensuring that requests are compliant within Coast Guard regulations and those programs were administered fairly and consistently.
• Managed database applications, used data entry forms, complex queries and reporting techniques in support of the Military Officer Evaluation Report (OER) process.
• Provided training sessions regarding coast guard travel policies, procedures and best practices as well as changes/ updates to JFTR/FTR and JTR policies and procedures. Provided technical assistance to the Online Travel Management System (e-Travel). Applying in-depth knowledge and trained more than twelve hundred employees on its proper use. Displayed a natural ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of e-Travel, which aided in maximizing its use for customers and contributed to the correct processing of hundreds of e-Travel claims.
• Conducted management oversight of the Government Travel Card (GTC) program and analysis and delinquency reports. Served as Debt Management Monitor (DMM) by identifying processes and monitors travel records with balances due to the government and provides due process notifications to the traveler. Provided guidance and interpretation of travel credit card procedures. Reviewed monthly travel credit card records for potential cases of misuse. Conducted monthly audits of travel credit card expenditures and provided detail reports to senior leadership.
• Served as the unit drug testing coordinator. Successfully managed the Commandant's drug screening program and ‘zero tolerance' drug policy at Coast Guard Headquarters by preserving the chain of custody and security of more than 1,500 samples.
• Awarded the Coast Guard Achievement Medal as an end of tour of duty/ military retirement service award.
• Awarded the Army Achievement Medal for participating in the State Funeral of President
Gerald R. Ford.
• Displayed superior technical competence and a strong commitment to customer service by ensuring a smooth transition to the expansion of DEERS for the issuance of the new Coast Guard ID Common Access Card (CAC), which benefited 4,000+ Coast Guard Headquarters personnel. Supervised, trained, mentored, and evaluated eight junior enlisted military members. Effort contributed to the office being acknowledged as a one of the top DEERS/RAPIDs sites in the Military District of Greater Metro Washington, DC.
• Relied on military acumen and professionalism that was gained from service in the United States Marine Corps and was a role model for junior enlisted personnel for prestigious military ceremonies. For example, orchestrated and led a host of military funeral honor processions, which provided families of deceased services personnel with compassionate, professional, and time-honored ceremonies.
|Supervisor: Teresa Marshall (202 475-5391)|
Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
• Recruitment of qualified applicants to specific classified positions in the U. S. Coast Guard and U. S. Coast Guard Reserve, to include medical support, administrative/clerical staff, electronics technicians and other technical trades.
• Utilized various prospect/candidate management data bases, as well as application processing software.
• Scheduled appointments with and interviewed job applicants, administered tests and interpreted results.
• Developed relationships with local businesses, organizations and agencies.
• Conducted briefs and presentations to local civic groups, colleges and high schools.
• Utilized the internet for sourcing and posting jobs.
• Coordinated transportation and lodging for newly selected applicants.
• Verified references and ran background checks.
• Completed periodic status reports.
• Submitted weekly recruitment activity plans.
• Exceeded performance levels stated in goal requirements, achieving 120 percent of annual goals.
|Supervisor: Pierre Funderburk (786-395-1406)|
Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
This is a real resume for a Administrative Specialist in Waldorf, Maryland with experience working for such companies as Us Coast Guard Headquarters, Civil Rights Directorate, U S Coast Guard Headquarters. This is one of the hundreds of Administrative Specialist resumes available on our site for free. Use these resumes as templates to get help creating the best Administrative Specialist resume.
Companies Worked For:State of FloridaGuardian Ad Litem Program, Self Em...
Companies Worked For:State of Arkansas Vital RecordsInHome Services, Ac...
Companies Worked For:Fossil outlet store 10615 sander Dr, ONeil Digital...
Companies Worked For:Anaconda Sports, K & M Newspaper Services, The Dai...
Companies Worked For:Westward Seafoods, Inc, Bristol Bay Health Corpora...
Companies Worked For:Integrated Magnetics, Living Water Irrigation, Com...
Companies Worked For:United States Navy
Companies Worked For:City of Austin Austin Code Department Retired Marc...
Get all the help you need to create a professional resume in minutes. Includes thousands of pre-written examples for hundreds of jobs.create your resume